SILHORKO-EUROWATER A/S has supplied water treatment for Turkmenistan Glass Factory. The glass plant is designed to produce several types of glass products, including laminated and tempered glass. EPC contractor is Tepe Turkmen Construction from Turkey.
Raw water is partly public water supply and partly own water source. First step is removal of mechanical impurities, iron and manganese in pressure filters. Filtered water is used partly as potable water and partly for the DI water production.
The DI water production is done in several steps, including double-pass membrane filtration. After first pass water is used partly for cooling purposes. After second pass the DI water is used as rinse water in glass washing machines. A special coating process requires water quality with low silica content and conductivity less than 1 µS/cm.
Within each glass rinse zone, the water is recycled over special filters, combined carbon and gravel filters and UV disinfection units to minimize the water consumption.
- Flow, filtered water: 50 m³/h
- Flow, potable water: 13 m³/h
- Flow, cooling water: 7 m³/h
- Flow, DI water for glass processing: 5 m³/h
Units in plant
- Pressure filter, 2 x TFB 30
- Activated carbon filters, 3 x ACH 1801
- Softening unit type SMP 2002
- Reverse osmosis units, 2 x RO C3-9 (1st pass)
- Reverse osmosis unit RO B2-16 (2nd pass)
- Dual filters, 4 x AC-FNSA 40D-F and UV disinfection units
- Reverse osmosis units, 2 x RO B1-6 (recycling loop for glass coating line)
- Mixed beds
- Carbon and gravel filters, 4 x FNSA 60-F and UV disinfection units
- Endress+Hauser measuring equipment and data logging