Vildbjerg Waterworks near Herning in Denmark has been completely renovated. EUROWATER has been responsible for the machine delivery, including water treatment plants, clean water tanks and distribution system.
The waterworks now stands as a state-of-the-art waterworks, supplying approx. 2,900 households with clean drinking water. In addition, special attention has been paid to the annual football tournament, Vildbjerg Cup, where for a week the town hosts almost 20,000 young players with families. This makes heavy demands on supply security since there is no emergency connection to another waterworks. Vildbjerg Waterworks is therefore secured with redundant treatment plants, extra supply pumps and even a generator in case of power failure.
The solution comprises two separate treatment lines, both equipped with aeration system, and two pressure filter plants. Under normal operating conditions, the lines work alternately, but in case of a large water requirement, the lines can work simultaneously. Before the clean drinking water is pumped to the consumers, it is collected in two stainless steel clean water tanks, which are freestanding inside the waterworks building.
The waterworks contains the market's most advanced equipment for modulating oxygenation, turbidity-controlled backwash with quality rinse, on-line water quality monitoring and bacteriological barrier. Here clean drinking water is certainly always guaranteed.
- Flow, pressure filter plant: 2 x 75 m³/h
- Flow, distribution system: Up to 320 m³/h
Units in plant
- Pressure filters, 4 x TFB 75, arranged as two parallel lines with prefilter and secondary filter
- HACH analyzer for on-line measurement of turbidity, oxygen, pH, temperature, conductivity and redox
- Equipment for aeration and backwash
- Clean water tanks of acid-proof stainless steel, 2 x 450 m³
- Distribution system