The CU:PHARMA unit with RO and EDI is hot water sanitizable (HWS) for production of purified water (PW) at pharmaceutical company in Gdansk, Poland. The water is used directly for the production process as well as to feed WFI multi-effect still to produce water for injection and clean steam.
The unit is very compact and consists of the following main parts:
- 200 litre brake tank in stainless steel AISI 316L for soft water as well as recirculation of EDI reject and RO reject during stand-by
- High pressure pump, VFD controlled in order to compensate for temperature fluctuations of inlet soft water
- Reverse osmosis unit with heat-sanitizable RO elements, 85°C @ <1.5 bar
- EDI unit with hot water sanitizable stack, 85°C @ <1.0 bar
- After break tank all piping and instrumentation are AISI316L, Ra <0.8 µm, orbital welded, and borescoped
Pre-treatment consists of gravel filter and softening unit. Not shown on the picture. The unit undergoes preventive maintenance four times per year.
- Flow: 600 l/h
- Conductivity: <0.1 µS/cm
- TOC: <20 ppb
- CFU: <1/ml
Units in plant
- Compact unit type CU:PHARMA